Monday 19 August 2024

An Unpredictable Day

Woke up this morning to meet an empty 12.5kg cooking gas cylinder and no available electric current. 🤯 My mind went on a 360 degree thinking spree... If NEPA brings back the light now, I can use the hot plate to boil water for the kids to bath and also make their lunch. 

As at 6:30am, there was no sign of electricity. Jesus! Will the children use cold water to bath? The weather is super cold due to the continous rain fall. They might have to endure a cold bath. This is definitely unavoidable. They are already late for school. And we can't wait for NEPA.

While they bathed, my thoughts went on a race. What will I put in their lunch pack? Now that making Jollof rice was off the table. I settled on bread and butter. It won't suffice but, it will keep them for a few hours. Thank God it's Friday. They will come home early and fill their bellies in the afternoon. 

When the kids left for school, I began to ponder on what to do. How was I going to make breakfast for myself and the head of the house? We need electricity. We need cooking gas. How much is gas now? What was the last price I bought it? Where did I keep the receipt? 

Truth be told, due to some unpalatable navigations, we don't have the money to refill our cooking gas cylinder today. I am already praying that God will send His angels to the NEPA office in charge of distributing light to my area. And also arrange circumstances, so that I can make sales today https://selar.co/m/serahiyare. And also touch someone's heart, nudging them in my direction (expecting alert).

Nevertheless, life happens to all... regardless of the situation you find yourself in this morning, give thanks. God knows your wants and needs and desires. I assure you, He will come through for you and me. He will not be Late! Rom. 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment