Monday 19 August 2024

Waiting on God

A couple of days ago, I had an itchy eye... and it sort of stung too. Like a needle was poking me. I tried to use my finger to get around the itchy part, under my eyelash... but it got worse. That night, I woke with an eye ache. I went to the bathroom to check ii out, but saw nothing. I assumed I must have pinched myself while scratching under my eyelash. The next night, it became swollen and the pains increased. I knew it was more than an itch. Something else was going on. But I couldn't figure out exactly what it was. 

Days later, I found a boil! Under a lap of flesh, under my eyelash. Alas! It wasn't a scratch from the itch, but a painful boil that made my head ache badly. I asked my significant other if I could apply palm oil or some other ointment. But he said no! "This is your eye! Don't put anything! The boil will burst and dry up," he said.

I kept checking my eye in the mirror every moment of the day. It was painful and uncomfortable. I could barely concentrate on what I had to get done. I struggled, prayed, and waited.

What are you waiting on God for, at this very moment? Probably, the problem or challenge might not be what you thought it was. Give it time, pray and keep waiting. I believe God will make your situations to unfold right before your eyes, and give you the wisdom to scale through and make the right decisions. 

As you wait on the Lord for the manifestation of your miracles and answers to your prayers, be at peace! God is never late! He is always on time! Habk.2:3

No comments:

Post a Comment